In the News: Social and Emotional Learning and the PATHS® Program
See what national and state news outlets are reporting about the importance of SEL, and how the PATHS® program is helping students throughout the nation.
The New York Times: Teaching Peace in Elementary School
Colorado Public Radio: To Keep Focus On Learning, Montbello Teachers Try To Calm The Classroom
Education Week: Urban Districts Embrace Social-Emotional Learning
Research Reports: The Need for More SEL
More and more studies are showing how social and emotional learning can positively impact children's social and academic lives, in the present and in the future. Read about this growing body of evidence here.
Robert Wood Johnson Foundation: Children With Strong Social Skills in Kindergarten More Likely to Thrive as Adults
Mathematica Policy Research Report: Half of Children Don't Have Sufficient SEL Skills Upon Starting Kindergarten
School Psychology Quarterly: Survey Finds Improved Results on State Achievement Tests with the PATHS® SEL Program
Education Week Poll: Many Teachers Say Children's Social and Emotional Skills Need Work
- May 20, 2019 – May 22, 2019 Center for the Promotion of Social & Emotional Learning Conference May 20, 2019 – May 22, 2019
- Jun 19, 2019 – Jun 21, 2019 Innovative Schools Summit - School Discipline, At-risk and Struggling Students Jun 19, 2019 – Jun 21, 2019
- Jul 9, 2019 – Jul 12, 2019 Innovative Schools Summit - School Climate and Culture Jul 9, 2019 – Jul 12, 2019
- Jul 29, 2019 – Jul 31, 2019 California Multi-tiered System of Support Professional Learning Institute Jul 29, 2019 – Jul 31, 2019
- Oct 1, 2019 – Oct 4, 2019 Social & Emotional Learning Exchange 2019 Oct 1, 2019 – Oct 4, 2019